Here’s What’s Sprouting this week!
From OwlCat Designs:
- Simone of OwlCat Designs is running a KAL sponsored by Knitter’s Pride! On August 11th, all the details will be revealed on the Knitter’s Pride blog. There will be amazing prizes (such as entire interchangeable needle sets, and more!) To be able to win you don’t even have to be the fastest knitter! The KAL is for Cloud Peak, a pair of elegant fingerless gloves with optional beading (and there will be video tutorials, if you have never added beads!).
- The pattern will be available on Ravelry and on the Knitter’s Pride blog to get the coupon so you can snag them for less!
- And to make things even better, Dragonfly Fibers is kindly providing a coupon for 20% off the original yarn base Damsel that was used for the sample, info on that can be found in the Ravelry KAL thread. Hint: It’s sport weight yarn to make the mitts go faster so Stitch Sprouts Yellowstone might be a nice yarn to use as well.
- The official cast-on isn’t until August 25th to give everyone time to gather supplies, find beads, and procure yarn. The actual KAL-ing is happening online on IG (follow @OwlCatDesigns and @KnitterPride and make sure to use hashtag #CloudPeakKAL to be eligible for prizes there) and in OwlCat Designs Ravelry group but make sure to not forget to check the Knitter’s Pride blog for all the details first!
From Barbara Benson:
- New this week from Barbara Benson is an adorable pair of baby legwarmers that are the perfect thing to knit for all of the wee ones in your life. Wobble Legs is available on Ravelry but make sure you check out the pattern description! You can get the pattern for FREE if you sign up for her e-newsletter.
- Barbara has also been busy on her YouTube channel, Watch Barbara Knit, with a new Favorite 5 featuring Exaggerated Lace Patterns and the first of several shop tour videos from a recent trip. This one is a tour of Fiber Artwork in Huntsville, AL.